192.168.1.1 Login Page, Default Username and Password | Complete Wireless Settings: – Internet Address or the IP Address is one of the essential things required while establishing a connection to or from any network. The IP address is the commonest among every device accessing the internet. It also plays a central role in the router from configuration to operational state. You’ll come across some terms and technicalities to get connected while installing a new router in your home or office. These are 192.168.1.1 Login Page, Username, Password, and Complete Wireless Settings.
Every router uses a private IP Address contrary to a website that uses public IP Address. Every different router company assigns IP Address differently to its router. For example, 192.168.1.1 Login Page shows up by default in a Linksys Router.
- What You Need While Configuring Router Settings
- 192.168.1.1 Login Page, Default Username and Password Security
- How to Change SSID and Password on Router
- Complete Wireless Settings on Router
- How to Find Local IP Address of your Router (Windows 10)
- How to Change 192.168.1.1 Router Password
- List of Router IP Address, Default Username and Password
- How to Login in Cisco Router Using 192.168.1.1
- D-link Router Login – Change WiFi Password D-link
- How to Login to Netgear Router to change ID password
- How to Connect Two Routers with the same IP Address
- Reset your Router
- Error Messages While Accessing 192.168.1.1 Wireless Settings
What You Need While Configuring Router Settings
You’ll need a few measurable steps in order to configure your Router Settings.
- Launch browser and type the IP Address 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar and hit Enter.
- Enter the default Username and password mentioned on the Router Box.
192.168.1.1 Login Page, Default Username and Password Security
Default username and Password for a 192.168.1.1 Router
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- Username: admin
- Password: password
- Username: admin
- Password: 12345
It’s obvious that with straightforward login information such as this, anyone can get access to your router network. If you want to secure the router, it is essential to change the login details. You can also use your ISP’s (Internet Service Provider) information to set up an internet connection. You need to provide the same username and password in the router of dial-up. If you are unfamiliar with setting it up manually, try the wizard tool to get it done.
You can secure your WiFi via different types of settings in the router control center for WiFi security. To change the default SSID network name is one of the essential elements to tighten your network security.
Also Read: Fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting
How to Change SSID and Password on Router
Depending on your router type/brand, the IP address or URL may differ. However, you’ll need to reach the 192.168.1.1 Login Page in case you have a Linksys Router.
- By Default, a network SSID is the name of the Router’s Company.
- Supply the same username and password mentioned in the packaging of your router.
- Once you log in successfully, search for the section displaying WiFi Networks settings in your router panel.
- Please choose a suitable network name and enter it in the field.
Note: An SSID is case sensitive and up to 32 characters long. You must use an alphanumeric key to ensure security.
Complete Wireless Settings on Router
Every device these days come with encrypted security measures such as WPA2/ PSK. Always use a hard password in WPA2/PSK fields to ensure your WiFi security.
Note: WPA2 is often referred to as PSK in many routers.
- Again, use the 168.1.1 Login Page and reach the setup page of your router.
- Go to Wireless tab>wireless security.
- Go to Configuration View section and select Manual radio button.
- Choose WPA2 and type your passphrase.
- Type a complex password which can be a minimum of 8 characters in length.
- Finally, press the save button.
How to Find Local IP Address of your Router (Windows 10)
By default, it’s 192.168.1.1, 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 which is also referred to as your default gateway. If you are unable to access your router using this address, follow the steps given below.
Note: You’ll have to use different methods depending on your OS type.
- Step 1: Press Windows Key+R to open cmd (command prompt).
- Step 2: Type ipconfig/all and press enter.
- Step 3: The Address mentioned against default gateway is your router’s IP Address.
How to Change 192.168.1.1 Router Password
To log into your router network and change settings, you’ll need your router’s IP Address. For a Linksys router, follow the given steps.
- Step 1: Open the web browser, enter “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar and hit enter.
- Step 2: Use the same 192.168.1.1 Login Page, Username Password to enter router settings.
- Step 3: Click Wireless Tab>Wireless Security.
- Step 4: Enter your preferred password in the Paraphrase field.
- Step 5: Click the save button to save the changes.
List of Router IP Address, Default Username and Password
|TP-Link (Change TP-Link Username & Password)||192.168.1.1|
How to Login in Cisco Router Using 192.168.1.1
- Step 1: Tether your Cisco Router to computer using RJ45 cable.
- Step 2: Start the Computer and Router.
- Step 3: Launch the Browser, enter 168.1.1 in the address bar, and press Enter.
- Step 4: Use the 168.1.1 Username, Password (admin, admin) and enter into Wireless Settings or use the new credentials if changed.
- Step 5: Now you have entered the router’s admin panel, you can change 192.168.1.1 Complete Wireless Settings.
Step 1– run your D-Link router and plug in with your laptop OR desktop with an Ethernet cable OR via WiFi
Step 2– turn on your laptop OR computer
Step 3– open your web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 OR http://dlinkrouter OR 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1
Step 4– log in to the D-Link router with the administrator user name and password (default ID Password is ‘Admin’)
Step 5– if you are login first time, then click on setup > Wireless setting. You can set up it manually OR automatically.
How to Login to Netgear Router to change ID password
Netgear Router is another best selling WiFI router in market. So, here we are sharing the tutorial on how to log in to a netgear router to change WiFi ID and password.
Step 1- connect your Netgear Router with your laptop OR desktop, then open web browser and type 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.227 – enter
Step 2- enter Netgear Router default username and password. The default username and password is (Admin – Admin, Admin – Password)
Step 3- after login – got o wireless setting and customize setting. Setup your all necessary WiFi setting.
You can login to any of the below-mentioned routers the same way given that you use the correct IP address range.
- Apple: 10.0.1.1
- ASUS: 192.168.1.1
- Belkin: 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.2.1
- Buffalo: 192.168.11.1
- TP Link: 192.168.1.1 or http://tplinkwifi.net
How to Connect Two Routers with the same IP Address
- Step 1: You’ll need to connect one of the Routers with PC via a LAN cable.
- Step 2: Type or 192.168.1.1 and hit enter.
- Step 3: Enter username and password to access Admin page.
- Step 4: Go to Network or LAN Setup and change the IP Address to 168.2.1.
- Step 5: Save to Apply changes.
- Step 6: Finally, connect both the routers with a LAN cable, and check to see if they are working okay.
Reset your Router
If you are try to login in your 192.168.1.1 router setting page and found your router’s WiFi username and password have already changer, you don’t able to access you admin panel. No worry, you have other option to setup your login and password.
- On the back OR bottom of your router there should be a small hole OR button. You need to press the reset button that is there.
- So, plugged in your router, press and hold the reset button for 30 second. After the resetting the router’s username and password as new, wait for the router to power on and attempt to login the router again.
- After resetting – follow above guide to change your routers username and password.
You May Also Like
- How to Improve WiFi Range and Speed TP- LInk
- How to Change Wi-Fi Password TP Link
- How to check who is connected to your Wi-Fi Network
- How to View Saved WiFi password in PC/ Laptop
- How to Extend your WiFi wireless Network Range
Error Messages While Accessing 192.168.1.1 Wireless Settings
If you seem to have difficulties accessing or managing any of the above-mentioned wireless settings, the following may be the cause of these errors.
1) Prefix not required
Mind not typing the https or www while typing the default IP Address. Many router IP addresses work without any prefixes. Also, make sure not to confuse yourself with digits in IP Address you type.
2) Incorrect Proxy Installed
Reinstall the browser proxy if you are getting this message after entering 192.168.1.1. Some browsers usually blacklist such websites marking them suspicious.
3) Damaged Router
Note the blinking lights in the back of your router if this message shows up. The possible sources of this error may emanate from Power Source, Ethernet, LAN cable. If all these sources are right, the router has possibly defected, and you need to replace your router.
5) Username changed
If you have purchased an old router, you’ll require to do some legwork with it. This error is due to conflict between the current usernames and the previous one. Solution to this problem is to reset your router. Pressing the power button on your router will be the easiest way to reboot and reset your router.
These are some basics on 192.168.1.1 Login Page, Username, Password, and Complete Wireless Settings. I hope it will help your way to configure and detect a few things about your router. How did you like it? Do let me know in the comments section.