In below tutorial I will share how to disable web notification on all popular browser like Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
Web notification in your windows and MAC device are one of the best features of latest browser. They show short preview of your emails, cricket score, instant messages or even latest news or updates on subscribed web pages. But some time it seems a bit annoying. Especially when it includes spam and advertisements. This happens when we inadvertently click on push notification and we don’t even know what kind of notification it will send. To avoid this, first of all I would advise you to always turn on the trustworthy websites notification.
Sometime it is not known from which website you have kept notification on, and from where the incoming notification coming. There is no problem, you should disable Google chrome notification and doing this is very easy. Just follow the given steps…
How to Block Website Notification on Google Chrome
- Open chrome setting page by click the Hamburger icon at the top right corner > Click on Setting OR type chrome://setting in the address bar and press Enter
- Look the right side bar and click on Privacy and Security
- Select Contact setting and select notification
- Toggle the Ask Before setting and switch to the off position (this will change the text to Blocked)
If you want to allow notification from any listed sites or Application, than scroll to the bottom of the page and add URL to the site you want to get notification from the Allow Section.
And if you are getting notification from any site which you don’t want, click the more option (three vertical dots) and select Remove to stop getting notification.
How to Block Website Notification on Firefox
- To stop web notification click on Firefox menu and select ‘Privacy & Security’
- Scroll to ‘Permission’ block and click on ‘Setting’ opposite to a ‘Notification’ item
- Here you will find the list of websites with notification options. For each website, select the desired status – Allow OR Block
- You can also remove any or all websites from the list
If you want to block new request asking to allow notification, select the corresponding option below ‘Block New request asking to allow notification’ and click ‘Save Changes’