If you own an Android Smartphone, then the odds are that you probably spend some amount of time online browsing the web. Whether you’re shopping, taking care of some bills, reading emails or even just playing a game during your downtime, your phone is connected to the internet in some degree throughout the day. While the internet certainly makes life more convenient, this connection can also put your device at risk from viruses and malware. In turn, this brings up the threat of criminals accessing your phone to steal important information.
Therefore, it’s extremely important for the modern Smartphone owner to know how to protect themselves online when using their mobile device. Having mobile antivirus is perhaps one of the smartest, easiest moves you could possibly make when it comes to securing the information stored in your phone’s files. The best part is that finding a completely free antivirus app with everything you need (and more) is as simple as performing a search in the Google Play store. When searching through the results, be sure you’re looking for the app antivirus that offers you the most, and includes:
- Anti-theft measures that allow you to track your phone and protect its most sensitive information.
- Tools to keep your privacy intact and keep sensitive photos, documents and apps on lockdown.
- Optimization tools that help you boost your battery life and generally make your phone perform better than ever before.
- Simple protective measures that allow you to halt viruses in their tracks by scanning websites and Wi-Fi networks while you’re browsing.
- The ability to scan for and remove viruses whenever it’s needed.
- A way to block spam calls and messages, so using your phone is more enjoyable.
There are many mobile antivirus apps out there, but only the best of the best can get you all of this and much, much more without costing you an arm and a leg – or even a dime, really.