For users who have been sticking around with WhatsApp for a while, migrating to another app may seem difficult. Most of the important data reside in WhatsApp Chat. So, let’s find out what you need to do to migrate your WhatsApp Chat History to Telegram.
Telegram rolled out new message history import tool on its iOS app on 28th January 2021. With releasing new updates, Telegram saved the day for millions of WhatsApp users. Now you can bring your chat history, including media files and documents. Check Also – How to Recover Deleted Telegram Chats
How to Move WhatsApp Chat History to Telegram
Make sure your phone has the latest versions of both the apps to get it done. Follow the steps mentioned below and import the WhatsApp Chat history to Telegram.
- Step-1: Launch WhatsApp and tap to select the chat you intend to export.
- Step-2: Move to the contact info menu and select “Export chat”
- Step-3: Up next, you’ll see options whether to “Attach Media” or “Without Media”
- Step 4: Select an option and choose Telegram from the sharing menu.
- Step 5: Choose the contact to which you intend to save the imported chat.
- Step-6: Finally, tap on “Import” to import chat history.
What’s best about Telegram?
The imported media and messages included in your chat don’t add up to extra space. Telegram’s lightweight features let you access all your messages, photos and videos at any time you need. Check Also– 20+ Telegram Messaging Tricks and Tips
Whatsapp Vs Telegram (Features Compression)
|Edit Send Message||No||Yes – Up to 48 hours|
|End –to-end Encryption||Yes||Yes (Via Secret Chats)|
|File Sending||Up to 100 MB||Up to 1.5 GB|
|In App Browser||No||Yes|
|Internal media player||Yes||Yes|
|Live location sharing||Yes||Yes|
|Groups||Up to 256 friends||Up to 75,000 friends|
|Send message delete||Yea (Up to 7 minutes)||Yes (Up to 48 hours)|
|Simultaneous Multi device access||No||Yes|
|In built proxy support||No||yes|