Hurricane #Irma Should Shut Up All the Global Warming Deniers for Good

Hurricane #Irma Should Shut Up All the Global Warming Deniers for Good

6063
6
SHARE

A second major Hurricane is headed to the East Coast of the United States, and this time, it looks like it will be historic.

Hurricane Irma, is now headed for the Island of Barbuda, one of the first countries in the chain of Caribbean Islands in the Atlantic.  Hurricane Irma is then expected to directly impact the Virgin islands, Antigua, Barbuda, Saint Kitts and Anguilla, countries all in the hurricane’s direct path.

We are certain to have a week of hurricane news and estimates on whether Irma is a historic and record storm.  What we won’t have a week of is science and global warming deniers running their mouths about how global warming is a figment of everyone’s imagination.  

Remember the days when Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.) droned on about “eggheads” when it came to the question of global warming as Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) argued with him in the other direction in hearings? He’s pretty silent now. He’s likely to get even more stone silent as a “potentially catastrophic Category 5 hurricane” makes landfall and brings destruction to several Caribbean islands before striking the United States.

SHARE
Previous article#HBCU Conference Cancelled: #HBCU Advocacy in Limbo for 4-8 Years?
Next articleDACA: Trump, Sessions, Remain Consistent in Targeting the Power of Hispanics
Lauren Victoria Burke
Twitter: @LVBurke / Lauren Victoria Burke is an independent journalist who analyses politics and justice reform. She created Crewof42.com, a blog that covers the work of African American members of Congress, in 2009. Ms. Burke has also been a staffer for the Senate Democratic Policy Committee and Director of Communications for Rep. Andre Carson (D-IN). She has had a very diverse career in politics and media and appears weekly on NewsOneNow with Roland Martin. She has also appeared on Hardball with Chris Matthews, Politics Nation with Al Sharpton and Up with Steve Kornacki on MSNBC. She is also a contributing writer for NBCNews.com and TheRoot.com Ms. Burke was born in the Bronx, New York and grew up on Long Island. She holds a B.A. in History from The American University. E-mail: LBurke007@gmail.com. Instagram: LVB325.

6 COMMENTS

  1. In all seriousness.. who writes this drivel?? What? they just pass you along in media school until you get to “TMZ INTERN” level and turn you out among the masses? A woman “who is a independent journalist” ( IE cant get hired) creates a “blog” based on the skin color of congressional members and calls that ok? ….. and sheeple will follow…..sheesh.

  2. CO2 doesn’t drive climate – much less man-made CO2. We only emit 3% each year; nature emits the other 97%. It doesn’t take a whole lot of math to know that lowering our emissions won’t change anything. Climate is about location. For12 years we had no major hurricanes and this year, which was predicted to be active, we get two, and we’re supposed to shut up?
    Go back to school please. Climate 101. It’s about location.

  3. On the plus side, often the document assortment agents are actually mostly further concerned about all of the lucidity plus framework associated with reports in comparison with anything different. Currently it has 15 employees,Holger Badstuber Jersey, he said. Having said that, accomplishment in treating back pain is normally the exact same in the end: you really feel better. Auditory communication is considered of all the ideal strategies to prolong your personal exercise on the treadmill and e

  4. The Great Galveston Hurricane, known regionally as the Great Storm of 1900, was a Category 4 storm, with winds of up to 145 mph (233 km/h), which made landfall on September 8, 1900, in Galveston, Texas, in the United States. It killed 6,000 to 12,000 people, making it the deadliest hurricane and natural disaster in U.S. history. So I doubt if climate change had anything to do with this hurricane.

LEAVE A REPLY