Is this the health care deal that results when a group of men (there are no women involved in negotiations…) who have federal health care insurance sit in a room for hours?
House Tea Party Republicans, otherwise known as “The Freedom Caucus” are pushing to resurrect repealing Obamacare after failing in embarrassment to do so two weeks ago.
And what are the two key issues?
1. Repealing Obamacare’s “essential health benefits” and,
2. Repealing the existing community ratings provision.
- Ambulatory patient services (outpatient care you get without being admitted to a hospital)
- Emergency services
- Hospitalization (like surgery and overnight stays)
- Pregnancy, maternity, and newborn care (both before and after birth)
- Mental health and substance use disorder services, including behavioral health treatment (this includes counseling and psychotherapy)
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices (services and devices to help people with injuries, disabilities, or chronic conditions gain or recover mental and physical skills)
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric services, including oral and vision care (but adult dental and vision coverage aren’t essential health benefits)