Go ahead and test yourself: Which one of the statements below was made by a Republican member of Congress from Iowa — Republican Steve King — and which was stated by white supremacist alt-right leader Richard Spencer?
01. “The argument that diversity is our strength has really never been backed up by logic. It’s unity is where our strength is. Our Founding Fathers understood that. Modern-day multiculturalists are defying that.”
02. “In the context of a world informed by multiculturalism, ‘anti-discrimination’ legislation, and White guilt, such a task is daunting to say the least… Though there are certainly obstacles in our path, European-American communities can be organized in ways that are legal, moral, and, most important, effective.”
03.”I’d ask you to go back through history and figure out, where are these contributions that have been made by these other categories of people that you’re talking about, where did any other subgroup of people contribute more to civilization?”
04. “Trump has opened the door to nationalism in this country — not American nationalism but the white race. Once that door has fully swung open, you can’t close it.”
05. “Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”
06. “We have people that are mules, that are drug mules, that are hauling drugs across the border and you can tell by their physical characteristics what they’ve been doing for months, going through the desert with 75 pounds of drugs on their back.”
07. “This country does belong to white people, culturally, politically, socially, everything. We defined what America is.”