By Elinor Tatum of the Amsterdam News
America is not laughing anymore. The idiocy of what is happening in the halls of Congress comes down to five basic points:
- The Republican Party refuses to accept President Barack Obama’s victory in 2008 and his re-election.
- The Republican Party hates Obama.
- The Republican Party hates the Affordable Care Act, and they are particularly outraged when it is called “Obamacare.”
- The Republican Party will do anything to oppose the president, even if it is not in the best interest of their constituents or their sanity.
- Finally, the Republican leaders are so twisted in their thinking that they believe they are actually doing what is right. (Banana Republicans have been bandied about, but let’s call it Rep. John Boehner’s boner.)
The hate that they have for this president is as palpable as it is repugnant. They have opposed him at every turn. The American people spoke in 2008. Then again in 2013, they re-elected Obama, and in that decision, the people effectively gave a mandate to the president that they wanted the Affordable Care Act. And the House and the Senate passed the bills, and the Supreme Court upheld the law. Read entire here