“America died,” wrote former Saturday Night Live comedian Victoria Jackson Tuesday night. “Pimps whores & welfare brats & their soulless supporters hav (sic) a president to destroy America,”wrote Ted Nugent. “We must stop Obama’s socialist agenda,” wrote Dick Morris.
Though Gov. Mitt Romney delivered a gracious concession speech early Wednesday morning, his supporters are having trouble. Denial and anger have gripped some in the Republican party after President Obama was re-elected to a second term.
1. Karl Rove live on Fox News on election night – Karl Rove didn’t believe Ohio had been “settled” on live TV. Fox News smartly turned the awkward moment into an opportunity to send Meagan Kelly down to their decision desk. The decision desk disagreed with Rove. All the networks had declared President Obama the winner in Ohio long before Fox News.
2. Mary Matalin unhinged – Fromer Bush/Cheney advisor Matalin decides that simply re-writing reality is the best strategy. “His campaign was marked by malice… and division and destruction,” Matalin said about President Obama on CNN. Matalin appeared to be repeating a popular Romney campaign theme. In August, Romney said President Obama’s campaign, “have made wild and reckless accusations that disgrace the office of the presidency, this is what an angry and desperate presidency looks like.” Not even Gov. Mitt Romney has shown this much vitriol after losing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UNO5_I3YDc
3. Krauthammer says the “future of the Republican party is quite bright” – “Obama won… by going very small and very negative” says Charles Krauthammer on election night.
4. Donald Trump – Trump, who was apolitical until Barack Obama came along, tweeted the following on election night: “We can’t let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty,” he wrote. “Let’s fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.”
5. Sean Hannity – It’s back to “welfare queen” politics as Hannity and Ann Coulter tell each other that President Obama won because he tantalizes people with “free stuff.”