TOP 3 PEOPLE
1. Joe Biden gets props for being his regularly honest self: “I never had an interest in being a mayor ’cause that’s a real job. You have to produce. That’s why I was able to be a senator for 36 years.”
2. C. Anthony Muse for his ballsy Democratic primary run against incumbent Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD) in Maryland’s April 3rd primary. About time the state got a Black Senator – unfortunately, Muse is not the one.
3. Gov. Nikki Haley (R-SC) is about to get indicted for tax fraud by the Department of Justice, according to sources.
TOP 6 EVENTS
1. YouGov poll finds 61% of all Americans want George Zimmerman arrested and tried.
2. Affordable Care Act becomes the biggest legal cage match to hit the Supreme Court in 45 years as the case is granted three long days of oral arguments
3. A desperate GOP-aligned Sacramento law firm sues to have Democratic Latino candidate Jose Hernandez (D-CA) to stop calling himself an “astronaut” on the June ballot in his bid against Rep. Jeff Dunham (R-CA). Hernandez is retired from NASA. They’d rather have him put “migrant worker” instead.
4. President Obama has already spent $135 million for the 2012 campaign season – $3 million more than all Republican primary candidates combined.
5. In a suspicious attempt at blackmail, Newt Gingrich secretly met with Mitt Romney recently. While there was no discussion about Gingrich as a running mate or his position on a Romney Cabinet, there was talk about Romney donors helping the former Speaker retire $1 million in campaign debt. Of course, on condition Gingrich doesn’t cause a brokered convention.
6. University of Albany State University researcher Dr. Alex L. Pieterse releases a study showing racism causes “psychological distress” amongst African Americans. You don’t say? But, Pieterse gets love for, at least, providing data on what we already knew. Could be rather useful for White folks.
TOP 5 PREDICTIONS/TRENDS
1. Mitt Romney makes a deal with Newt Gingrich to pay his campaign debt and offer a prime spot at the Republican National Convention so the former Speaker will formally drop out.
2. George Zimmerman will be formally charged and arrested for the killing of Trayvon Martin in about a week … or two.
3. Spike Lee, after mistakenly tweeting the address of the wrong George Zimmerman family- a Florida couple of no association whatsoever to the shooter – will drop Twitter for a while as he gets sued and settles for an undisclosed, but ridiculous amount of money.
4. A White, working class, and rural family from the most Main Street, U.S.A. town you can find in the Midwest will hit the $540 million Mega Millions lottery. They will then end up bankrupt in less than five years. You know how it goes.
5. The iPad will dramatically lose its market share by the end of 2012.